
The other day, Jaxen was telling me that he is pretty sure that he has the most chores of anyone in his school.
My response "That could be true......you are lucky because you will be more prepared when you leave home."
This did little to appease him, but I continued "It shows how much Dad and I love you..... we want you to learn responsibility and to feel capable and confident."
His response "I think you just don't want to do all the work yourself"
Nodding my head "Absolutely...don't you think we all need to work as a team?"
J "What if I got a job and paid for a maid?"
M "If you were that innovative, and still able to keep up your grades....that would be great! For now, we'll stick with my plan"
That very night, I was reading in Alma, and laughed out loud when I found that Moroni had had a similar strategy when dealing with the Lamanite prisoners.
Alma 53:5
....and in this city they did guard the prisoners of the Lamanites; yea, even within a wall which they had caused them to build with their own hands. Now Moroni was compelled to cause the Lamanites to labor, because it was easy to guard them while at their labor"
3 comments:
That's Fabulous! At least you know you are on the right track.
Jaxen looks like a man in this picture. Chores are apparently doing him good!
I love this, Melissa! You are such a good mom. One I look up to.
Post a Comment