.jpg)
.jpg)

.jpg)


I am not very good at filling the summer hours with new and exciting things. I always admire those super creative and fun moms who plan a constant stream of activities and who always seem to know these secret/free ways to keep the troops happy. With swim team over and 3 more weeks to go, I am running out of ideas. A few new things we have tried....
McFlurries at the park:




(really Mcflurries and anything are becoming a bit too common for my butts' sake, however it not only makes any old park seem more exciting, but it soothes my nerves as well)
"crawfishing"
.jpg)
.jpg)

The crawdads, as we call them here, literally attack the hot dogs, making even the least patient fisher-person feel successful. We are on a strict catch-and-release program. Those years in New Orleans didn't change my mind that these little bottom-dwellers should never be boiled and consumed by humans. YUCK!!!! (I agree with you Madeline)
In general, it's been a great 3 months. My house is a mess and my brain feels like mush at the end of day, but I guess that is to be expected with four kids. Sometimes I feel like from the outside looking in, my life must look tiring, repetative and even insane. But, at least I can say, with 100% certainty, my life is never boring. Never, ever for one second. There is always, ALWAYS some thing to clean, some one to teach, some assignment to complete and a household of personalities to sort out and try to bring together.
6 comments:
I totally remember thinking a lot of my day would be boring when I was pregnant with my first. Never ever boring! I agree. Not even when it was just her and it just gets crazier and crazier. Autumn is getting big--she has such a sweet little face.
I have always thought of you as one of thoes fun and creative moms!!! It sounds like you summer has been very busy. We have 2 more weeks till school!! (whoot whoot!)
You are a fun and creative mom! McFlurries? my kids would think they died and went to heaven having those at the park!! Your kids are looking so grown up, what is happening to us? We love to go to the library, they usually have a summer reading program (around here anyway) that you can sign up for and get prizes and stuff. I also reward (okay, bribe) my kids for every book they read (or day they read) with points or something and then they can "buy" fun things like GC's to Barnes and Noble or Toys R us. Having said that, it is GOOD for kids to get bored....isn't it? That is what they always SAY anyway...too bad boredom usually leads to BIG messes, LOTS of fighting, getting into trouble (our remote control was rewired with our Nintendo remote in an effort to make the Nintendo remote "wireless"...and I was so happy they were upstairs quietly playing together), at least that is how it is at our house!! Good luck and great pictures as usual!
It looks like you have had some fun! Our "McFlurries" are half price slushies/ shirley temples at Sonic :-)
hot dogs work for the craw dads, huh? Awesome! We'll have to try it:)
I love summertime! We miss spending it with you guys! I love how Jaxen's hair totally gets sunbleached. Your family is full of cuties.
Post a Comment