Friday, November 28, 2008

Autumn's first 24 hours



Starting with a fun girls night out, Autumn's birth was a unique experience. I stayed tough as long as I could, but being stuck at a 3, and having been uncomfortable for 6 hours, I got my WONDERFUL epidural, they turned up the pitocine (??) and she was born 3 hours later. Delivery was short and easy and then there she was. Our littlest Rozeski. She struggled for a few minutes, needing oxygen, but recovered quickly.

She melted our hearts from the first moment. We are all totally taken by her. She is a good baby. She loves to be held and cuddled. I am exhausted and completely happy!!! I feel so blessed to have this little peanut to love. Thanks to you all for your prayers and concern. Here's a little slideshow of her first few days.

***Jason just complained that the slideshow pictures were too small, so here are a few of my favorites.





7 comments:

angie0726 said...

She is beautiful, congratulations again!! You can tell that she is the perfect fit for the family.

Chelsea said...

Oh, I just want to see her in real life. I am so happy for you guys! She is beautiful and so is the rest of your gang. Love ya!

Sullivan Family said...

OH MY GOSH!!!! She is TOO CUTE!! congrats!! I am so happy for you. My new blog address is
my3crazyboyz.blogspot.com. GINA

sara b said...

Oh Melissa,

CONGRATS on that beautiful baby girl! So glad she is here safe and sound. Your pictures are beautiful!

Tasha said...

Melissa! Congrats! I love the name you chose!
You look WAY too good in the hospital pics!

Shawna B. said...

Oh, oh, oh! I want to hold her! She's so beautiful. I think the whole crew is smitten by her. Congratulations again, my dear friend. So glad that she is finally here!!!

Jordan said...

Those wheaties did the trick!! Just kidding, I know it was all you and what a perfect reward. A tiny little gal. I'm tellin' you, number four is a charm! Congratulations, Melissa. I'm so happy for you and your family. Lovely Autumn.