
Jason's graduation was by far the best that I have been to. There were only 12 residence to honor, so it was very personal and entertaining!! They showed a few pictures of each as they talked about their accomplishments and awards, all the while peppering in some embarrassing stories. Then each graduate was able to say a few words.

I was so proud of Jason and the comments they made about him. The overriding theme of Jason's residency was how hard he worked to balance work and family. His director said that he had never had a resident so concerned about it and that he thought that no one had managed it as well as Jason. I was just beaming!!! Here he was the only resident his year to enter with kids, and I'm sure the only one with a prego wife carrying their fourth at the graduation. I know that the pressure was extreme and I know that I wasn't always understanding about his work commitments. It meant so much to me, that others noticed just what an amazing family man he is as well as an intibating, central lining, knife-wound mending, heart massaging, adrenaline junkie, kick butt ER Doc that he is!!!
6 comments:
This makes me sad for some reason! I can remember when we all started out and had no idea what we were getting into. Now our men know what they are doing...I think!! haha Congrats to you both, Nat
I can't wait to be where you are in another year. What a great way to go out and no doubt he earned each of those compliments with his blood, sweat and tears. Its nice to hear about the things we never get to see. Congrats J-Ro. The dance recital pics are darling. So glad she got to finish with the recital! Those are fun things for a mom. And swim team. Keep tearing it up JRozcrew!
Way to go, JRO!!! I always thought Jason was really good at balancing his many responsibilites and always making time for his crew. I think he takes the prize for the dad who took his kids to the park the most in New Orleans! Congrats to both of you. Melissa .... we did it! Did those two girls walking down Martin Behrman, pushing kids in the stroller really ever think this day would come? Amazing that it has!!!! I love that you are just one state away and a quick plane flight. Belive me, I plan to darken your doorstep as often as I can.
Glad you had such a fun trip back to Missoura!
That's so cool! I love those small graduations, and after going to SOOOO many for Jason, it's nice to be able to have the last one be your favorite! He is a good dad :)
Also, Madeline looks adorable, and one day we'll all get up early and go to a swim meet too...honest. Let us know when the big one comes up :)
It is so emotional watching them finish, the culmination of such hard work, such heart ache, such pride. I just sat there, tears streaming down my face, thinking of the day Dave got his "short coat" at the white coat ceremony at Tulane, how nervous he was to start med school, then his clinicals in med school, when he brought home his "long coat" and how nervous we were when he went to his first day of residency as "Dr. Adams", and then seeing him up at the podium graduating, ready to go out in the world, knowing how he has changed and grown, and just being so proud. We have good men, don't we???
Does this mean that your family is going to be able to live together now???
Congrats! I head back to Texas in a couple of weeks for Doug's fellowship graduation as well.
Post a Comment