
Another summer, another year of swim team for the Rozeski's. We are now swimming for the Five Parks Swim Team and I am absolutely loving the team. I was always so disappointed with the level of coaching and stroke technique on our Fenton team, but now the kids are swimming in the same league that I grew up swimming for. The coaches are amazing, the meets run so much more smoothly and my kids are making so much improvement each week.


Swim team is a big commitment for the kids and the parents. Practice everyday, 6am arrival for meets and the parents volunteer to run the meets, which last between 4 and 5 hours each saturday. Still, I just love the whole thing. Plus, we now have a much bigger cheering section, as the grandparents are coming to watch the action. My poor mom had to do this for 13 years while I swam and now it is starting all over again. It means so much to me that they are so willing to give up their free time and support our kids.

Madeline's style is just too fun to watch. She seems to be in her own world, loving the cheering, but certainly not in any hurry to reach the other side of the pool. Last week she raced her first 50 Freestyle (2 laps) and we were so excited because she got second to last place!!!! GO MOO!!!

Jaxen is tearing it up!!! He has made league times for both his 25 and 100 frees. It has really helped him to have some instant buddies on the team. It is hard to move in the summer and he definetly is the kind of kid who needs some guy time!
No comments:
Post a Comment