Friday, April 27, 2012

Kid Approved-Gluten Free Sandwich Bread

My family goes crazy for this bread.   I love having an alternative to tradition wheat bread, and my kids feel like they are having a white-bread treat.  (Not to mention a fraction of the cost of gluten free at the stores) I grind enough brown rice to make 5 loaves and then divide the dry ingredients into zip locks and put them into the freezer.   In just a few minutes, for the rest of the week, I can make a fresh loaf.





I substitue coconut oil for vegetable oil (a much healthier choice).  To get the coconut oil to liquify, you can place it in a small bowl and then put that bowl into warm water.  Or, if you are like me and don't remember to do that early enough, you can just put the bowl into boiling water on the stove.



Again, I try not use cooking spray or shortening, so I use non-stick bread pans and rub coconut oil on the plastic wrap.







No comments: