
Well, almost.
I am on a quest! Reading, researching and most importantly, talking to people about their best health/weight management discoveries. I have long been on the path of getting rid of the "white stuff", (white flour, rice, SUGAR). The flour and rice were not problem at all, but SUGAR, it is everywhere, hidden in everything. The first change has been to stop eating processed foods, for me easy, for my family a bit more challenging. But, I am determined to slowly ween them and cleanse their pallets, so they will already have the habits that will lead them to a more balanced life!
Now, I'm a sweet tooth lady.....BIG TIME! However, I have found my new love------Agave!
From this plant, comes a yummy sweetness (not odd tasting like truvia or stevia I PROMISE)
In my oatmeal or on my Quinoa pancakes (see below), goes maple flavored. In cookies and cakes, there is literally no difference. It has past both the Jro and kid test with flying colors! Yes, it is more expensive, but , now that I am 100% sold, I am now looking into buying it in bulk!
Here is the sweet truth!

Quinoa Pancakes (thanks Marty!)

2 comments:
I heard about this a few months ago, but now with your recommendation I will have to try it. Thanks!
I love agave! I eat it with my breakfast everyday and love to add it in my smoothies. Please send me an email and tell me how you substitute it in cake and cookies. I sure miss swapping healthy recipes and ideas with you.
Post a Comment