Thursday, January 13, 2011

34 Years: Looking Back

Looking way back!!! Where the foundation for most of my decisions were laid. People, Places and Experiences that shaped my views and beliefs.
These early memories seem to stick the most. I can remember the names of people from elementary school, but not those that I met yesterday. I can tell you smells, what I ate and what I was feeling, better than I could what I was doing last week.

I like being 34. It's a good place to be. It's more stable, less social, more spiritual and I'm more focused on what I know is important. As I type this, Autumn is having a tantrum on the floor, the dishes are half-way done and I am still hoping to get my workout done after the kids go to bed. At 34, kids, husband and church are my focus. My day- dreams are about travel and poising myself to be ready to pounce when there is a little more time at my disposal. Classes galore, maybe a small paycheck coming my way. I don't know, but I am seeing that time coming, the next phase, and I want to be ready!!! By 68, who knows maybe I will remember how cute Madeline was about wanting to make my day special. I will remember the ice cream cake we had for dinner and how the calls and emails brightened my day though I was feeling a bit under the weather.


1 comment:

Chelsea said...

Happy birthday! You look beautiful at 34, and seriously, not a day older than the last time I saw you...which, I might add was WAY too long ago! Hope you had a wonderful day.