Sunday, November 7, 2010

Big Girl Bed

Wow, although I had asked Jason to take down the crib and to put it out for the garbage men, when I came home and saw this sight, my heart sank.


Four babies have slept in this bed. It would always go back into storage with the hopes of more coming. Now, we are entering a new phase in our family. It feels good to be settled, to feel done with the stage..... but it also feels REALLY SAD!!! There is nothing like the anticipation of wanting a baby, expecting a baby and then finally meeting that baby. Ten years of my life have revolved around these decisions and choices of how many, when to try and picking out names. I have been so blessed, and I feel humbled that I was able to have them so easily. I know what a struggle it is for so many of my friends and I am grateful for what I have been given and this time of having babies.

She will be two this month, and while it may seem a big early, the truth is, I was ready to paint the girls rooms and decorate.....Finally! She is doing great. It has been about three weeks and no trouble so far.

5 comments:

Chelsea said...

I went through this same thing when Caden got his big boy bed. I was going to give it away, then sell it, and now it just sits in our garage b/c i can't do it! Such a sentimental weirdo.

BUT, this post made me extra weepy b/c I REMEMBER when you guys got this crib. I remember everything about. You were so excited when Jason set it up in that room in the basement apartment. Do you remember? Oh, time goes by way too fast!! Four kids later and it sits in the garage. Ahh.

Tasha said...

Our crib is about to come down too, and I just keep putting it off. Its a toughie!

Anonymous said...

Our minds think alike. Ours came down last week. I should have put it out for the garbage man but I just can bring myself to do it quite yet.
The room looks darling!

Karina Houser said...

Autumn's shirt says it all. She looks like such a big girl on her bed. I hope we get to meet her soon!

shawna b. said...

This is painful. Daren got a new crib and STILL throwing out the old one was so hard for me. Sigh.