Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Quite Mischief and Muffins



"Where's Autumn??!!!" I yell this at least once a day. "Everyone stop what you are doing and help look!"
She sneaks around, hiding in closets and cupboards. Finding food, off-limits toys, rearranging and trying not to be seen. So it was on Sunday morning. Madeline was the one to find her first. Such an innocent look, such a mischievous girl!





These always make me miss my friend Christin, who introduced me to this gem of recipe. My kids go crazy when I make these!!! I feel the hero of the day. The best part, they are very healthy!!!


1C plain yogurt
2/3 C water
2 C. Sugar (you can cut this down)
4 eggs
15 OZ Canned pumpkin
3C Whole Wheat Flour
1/3 C all purpose flour
2 tsp baking soda
1& 1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp nutmeg
1tsp cinnamon
3/4 Chocolate chips (I totally do at least a cup)

Mix wet
Mix dry
Mix wet and dry together
add chips
Bake 350 for about 18 minutes.

Enjoy!

4 comments:

maugers said...

yummy yum yum!

Ashley said...

This is going to sound ridiculous, but I've always really REALLY wanted a healthy muffin recipe. You would think in all these years I would have sat down and found one. So thanks! Leg work done, these sound perfect.

Chelsea said...

Autumn looks like a little doll. Love her beautiful dress in the cupboard, too cute. And, I pasted your recipe in my file, can't wait to try them. I make healthy muffins all the time (usually carrot, zuchini or banana), but these look way yummier! PErfect for after school snacks!

Christin said...

I need to make those muffins again. My kids love them! I love the pictures of Autumn. You know there's trouble when things are too quiet. Miss you guys!