


I just love having all of our holidays with family, building traditions and sharing the work load. This year was calm, fun and easy. It was nice to have the kids play while we all sat and watch conference together.
SIDE NOTE::: I had a neighbor ask me if Easter was a big deal for us. (LDS) It took me by surprise. I have tried so hard to explain to her about our church.... to let her know just how important Christ is and that we consider him our Savior. Of course Easter is a big deal! What do people think I believe??? It can be such a daunting task, answering questions, not being too forward, but being 100% honest how much I believe that what I believe is true. People in our neighborhood know we are LDS, which is great!!!!, but some times it gets tiring answering questions, defending and explaining. Even then, I don't feel like they are listening, almost like they only hear what confirms what they already think.
3 comments:
I'm glad you like easter with the family...it wouldn't be NEARLY as good without your kids and your crazy husband dying 50 eggs :) At least your neighbor is comfortable enough to ask you.
I love living near family too! And I too have to say that Conference gets more and more enjoyable as my children get older. Lots more listening is happening. I am so glad you had such a fun spring break. Love the idea of going swimming in hot springs even in the snow. Also, keep up the good missionary work. I know you are planting many seeds, even though it doesn't seem like they are listening.
Your life is your best sermon. Just the way you are, Melissa draws people to you. You are so real, so down to earth, so easy to be around. People just feel comfortable in your presence. The fact that these people even ask you questions is a good thing (if not a tiring thing at times). It's all so new to them and I am glad they have you as their example - challenging though it may sometimes be! :)
Post a Comment