Friday, January 1, 2010

Twelve "official' Years



12 years ago we made it official. We tied the knot and started on this crazy journey. In reviewing our story, I was more stunned by a few other numbers. We have been "an item" for 16 years, and given the fact that I am turning 33 in a few weeks, Jason has been my main squeeze for over half my life. I also realized that fore almost 8 of the twelve married years together, I have either been pregnant or nursing. Now, THAT is some commitment on a husbands part. Our stats to date:

2 boys
2 girls
1 dog
four states
3 houses sold
Melissa 0 speeding tickets, Jro.... many more than that
appx. $250,000 in school loans
a mortgage and 2 cars to pay off
way too many chicken dinners
0 trips without the kids (soon to be remedied)
less than 10 totally successful Family Home Evenings
countless crack ups
100s of hours watching "the office","the amazing race" and "survivor"
a few tears
a few make-ups
over 200 pounds gained and lost by yours truly
and most of all
ZERO doubts that we made the right choice.

It isn't always pretty, but I like where we've been and so curious to see what's in store for the next twelve.

3 comments:

Emily Lewis said...

Congratulations! Hope you have PLENTY more to go!

maugers said...

Cute, I was most shocked by the weight gained and lost! At least it was lost :) Congrats guys :) We like sharing our anniversary with you two.

shawna b. said...

Love JRo and Missa. Two of our favorite folks! Happy 12th, you two.