
During the basement construction, mine were rattled off of their perch, splattering these "natural oils" onto my couch, carpet and coffee table. Luckily I was close by and reacted within seconds. Unfortunately, these things work like acid and there was nothing I could do. They ate through the finish on my table and stripped my leather instantly. Also, our awesome warrantee for the couch only covers food and beverage..... "I'm sorry mame, but your policy says nothing about "oils". ( thanx to PMS, I cried on the phone with this nice woman)


When I called up Pier 1 to tell them I thought their product had caused significant damage in my home, they told me that they have had numerous complaints, but that there is a warning in the packaging. My bad...... I guess the rest of the nation actually reads the warnings on their room fresheners..... I just assumed that there would not be such a destructive product put into open containers for people to place in their homes. I guess the rest of the nation knows not to place them near anything, on anything, or around anything that is not made of steal. As for me, I am left with only the satisfaction of having my opinion "noted" as "I think your product stinks" , and a reminder that things are just things and that accidents can and will happen.
Beware the oils.......beware!!!!!
6 comments:
Holy cow! Noted.
That's horrible! So sorry! Who knew?!
I am so sorry Melissa. That really stinks. Your poor couch!! Hopefily you can just find a cute pillow or throw to cover it up. ):
I'm so sorry! Thanks for the info.
well, is there at least a lingering yummy smell? why or why do you always have to be the one to learn?? Heather Brimhall
I was heartbroken to hear about it on the phone, but it's even worse in picture!!! So sorry, Missa. BUT, it can be fixed, right? Right?! Say, "right" - it will make me feel better. :)
Talk to you soon!
Post a Comment