Thursday, November 13, 2008

A Happy Man

After 8 years of living away from his beloved mountains, Jason grabbed his ski pass and went for a solo day on the slopes. It was the fastest I have ever seen him pop out of bed! There are skiers, and then there are people who love it in their soul. Jason is definitely the latter. I'm not good enough to see him truly in action, as I pretty much just stay on the blues, but from what I hear he's a cliff jumpin', black diamond purest, who still has not excepted the snow boarders as welcomed co-hoards. He was trying to play it cool, but he was bursting with joy in this shot!



The next day, in the same outfit....., he took Madeline on her first ditch-day for skiing. She was just beaming and I was trying to not cringe at the idea of her missing school. This is a Rozeski tradition, that I have been told I have no choice in, so I made Jro call her in "sick" to school.




When I asked her about her day, I got a full report on her lunch, the hot cocoa and the doughnuts they ate on the way home. When I asked about skiing she said "Oh, that was okay."

Don't worry Jro, she's love it soon enough.

4 comments:

Emily Lewis said...

I am probably one of those snowboarders he has not accepted on the hills :) Don't worry though I am definitely not on the same slope as he is though. It will be another year before I can hit the board. Dan has another surgery coming up. Gotta take care of all the "kids" and put everything else on the back burner.

Can't wait to see the baby when she comes! You look great! Loved seeing you at Ellen's shower.

maugers said...

Yea ditch day! I was so proud of Jason for taking MAdeline...it definitely made you guys the cool parents, for that day :) Maybe someday we'll all get to go skiing again (hopefully not when you have a newborn :0

sara b said...

OOOH. . . you made the Bateman's a bit jealous with this one. We too love a good say on the slopes and have missed living near those beloved mountains. So glad for Jason.

Shawna B. said...

Glad JRO is back in hog heaven! Maybe he could give us some lessons!

Thinking of you! The time is near ... Can't wait for the good news!!!