Saturday, September 27, 2008

The date is set, but no name yet!

I am currently muddeling through my third trimester. I am feeling large, but not so much in charge and feeling a slight desperation for this to be over. This little girl is not kicking me so much. Instead, she seems to twirl and twist which can at times make me feel sea sick. Our coexistence seems to be leaning in her favor. She seems to be growing stronger, while I am wilting into exhaustion and less and less able to motate with any grace or speed.

Amid my simultaneous physical growth and demise, my doctor gave me a ray of light that made this chubby lady feel a sense of hope. At my last appointment she was kind enough to schedule my induction for Nov. 21st! I stood there as her nurse registered me into the hospital, we got the 7:30 AM slot!!!! Visions of a perfect plan spun through my head. Babysitters set, my mom off of work and best of all, 8 days fewer of this pregnant state.

This also brought on a panic, as I just can't settle on a name. I have since, spent many hours going back through the list, searching the internet and at last I have narrowed it down. Now is where you all come in. Give me your opinions! My mind has all but turned to mush on the matter. Here's the top choices...

Lynley Sage
Autumn Grace or Autumn Rayne (nick names, gracie and rainie)
Caroline Rayne
Mya Grace

Be kind, I am getting sensitive on the matter.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah! names...names...names...
Well I love Gracie, so that leaves me top two picks Mya and Autumn. And sine the leaves will be falling, well...you can guess. Actually I love the name Mya. I think you'll have to see what color hair she has and skin tone to decide :)
Either way I look forward to seeing the new little you! Heather
missing you more since we've been talking, but alas, I hope to visit again soon.

maugers said...

I like Autumn, but I really like all of them. Good luck!

Unknown said...

I like Autumn Grace. Very pretty! Hope everything goes to plan!

Ashley said...

I hesitate to say Mya is my favorite because it is actually on my list of future names :) But here's hoping we get a boy or two! Good luck, I can't believe it's already time. (I know, I know, it feel like an eternity when you're the one housing the thing)

Natalie said...

I vote for Autumn Grace! Very cute.

Interestingly, I know I will be doing this very same post in the months to come IF this little one is a boy. We have a girls name picked out...but heaven help us if it's a boy....we are just out of names completely.

Side note**I heard a really cute little girls name the other day....Laila. Pronounced "lay-la." Really cute little blonde girl with a darling sassy-ness about her! But I'm trying to think of you and your scenario...does Laila sound too much like Lola? I still LOVE that name though.

Sullivan Family said...

I would go with either Autumn, or Mya!! SO CUTE!! all the names are great!! GOOD LUCK!! Miss you. GINA

Shawna B. said...

Ah, Miss Lissa. You're doing it! It may feel like that little girl is winning the co-existence thing right now, but in the end, you will triumph. How's that for a pep talk? I know, pretty lame. I don't really have any pep for you, though, because this is the time of pregnancy that is just so darn hard. You are exhausted. You are ready to be done. You want to wear normal clothes. You want to exercise. The sacrifices you are making mean the world to this sweet little girl. I can't wait to see what her name will be. I'm still partial to "Autumn" but really, you can't go wrong with any of them. I like the "Rayne" addition. Haven't heard that one yet. Very nice. Trust your instincts. Look at the rest of your crew. They are perfectly named!

I miss you!!!

Karina Houser said...

Well, I think Angela would be nice, but that's not on your list! Seriously, though, all of your choices are beautiful, but I like the way Autumn and Mya sound with your last name.

It's so exciting to have a date on the calendar for her arrival! Won't it be a special Thanksgiving? Hang in there!

Natalie said...

Melissa-I tagged you on my blog. Take a look, and I hope to hear from you soon!

Chelsea said...

Mya! Love love it. Though I really like Rayne as a middle name, you have a dilemma on your hands. Too many cute choices. Can't wait to hear what you decide.