
Behind this innocent face, lies the the master mind of manipulation and the king of humble pie for his parents. Elijah is a charmer and a flirt. He teases and has a quick humor. He can work a room and always seems to find the cutest girl in that room and somehow ends up on her lap getting hugs.
His naughty nature has been emerging at an alarming rate over this summer and I must say I find myself not sure if I should laugh or cry at his antics.
He's been getting lemon juice on his tongue in a lame attempt to curb his appetite for words like "kill", "hate" and "stupid" When I do not answer him right away, he growls loudly "MOOOOOM, I said..." He comes out of the bathroom with bottoms off, just to get us to laugh. He runs up to me after a shower with dad, ripping off his towel "You wanna see me "maked?"" He belches in sacrament, announces every toot and asks "can I have a 'nack an' 'rink an' watch a show in the p'ay room?"(can I have a snack and drink and watch a show in the play room) at least 100 times a day.
I have been at my wits end the past few weeks, but then he topped in all in one "bad boy" moment. Gathered at the Stake BBQ last night, among the friends I grew up with, the first time seeing many of them in years, he went missing. I was spinning in circles to locate him among the dozens of kids. Then, to my shock and horror, there he was... next to a tree, surrounded by eating families, pants around his ankles, peeing on the tree. Was he off to the side? No!!! Smack dab in the middle, in full view of everyone, my son dropped his drawers and urinated amongst the diners.
In a blur I ran and pulled up his pants, carrying him off to the potty as he screamed "No mom, I'm all done, I peed it all gone"
What could I do???......I kept running, my mind questioning my parenting and wondering where I went wrong.
Once I was ready to return I was bombarded by old friends telling me how funny that was and that yes, many, many people witnessed the whole thing.
Thanks Elijah. Thanks for keeping me humble and for taking away any pretense I might have had. AAAHHHH!!!!!
9 comments:
I can totally relate!! I have had many days just like that! Hope you are feeling ok. I started a blog, www.myfourcrazyboys.blogspot.com. I hope to keep in touch. GINA
OH I TOTALLY know what you are going through. Emily is a disaster. Her nickname Tornado still fits. Actually I call her Crazy Girl way too much. I keep praying that I can stay sane till she is 4, and hope that is a magic age... as she is now still playing loudly in her room at 11pm, and running out for kisses when she gets hurt... arggg! Sigh...I hope "this too shall pass!"
hah! I laughed out loud at that one! How did the tree make out?
Priceless!! Ahhh, the humility that comes with being a mom. I have to say, your post did me some good this morning. I have just been fretting over Elle...she's not a BAD child, but there's some definite MOMENTS! I feel the same way...don't know whether to laugh or cry. I feel like I'm sitting on a fence with her, it could go bad, or it could turn out fine. Either way, I'm on my knees for her. I think you are a good mom, and have been blessed with a quick witted child. Pray for him...but go ahead and laugh with him too! Elle and him would get along GREAT!
At least you will have some stories to tell when he gets married....:) Weston has done that a few times, as well.
That is hilarious! This story reminds me of the ward Christmas party where we were in the gym and I was getting the food from the buffet table and I spot Emma zoning in on a larger man whose pants weren't covering his entire rear end through the back of the chair. I set my half full plate down on the table and took off in a dead sprint, but didn't get there in time before she gave him a nice goose, and then came around to face him with a smile and a wave. At that point, I turned and casually walked the other direction so the man didn't know I saw!! Gotta love 3 year olds!
Oh, my Jack and your Elijah would make a scary pair. Jack has done the same thing at play group more than once. I guess there is some sense of freedom that comes from peeing in the wide open. naughty, naughty little boys! Good luck to you and to me!
At least Elijah is making an atempt to relieve himself. Mason waits till the last second possible and runs with the look of angony on his face to the bathroom. Sometimes he makes it with the toilet seat up the other times...not a fun thing to clean up. At least there wasn't any clean up.
definitly a laugh out loud! Good luck with your awesome dude.
Hilarious! Sorry, but I am laughing, too. :) I've been down that road with Owen myself. Good grief, WHY do they have to go outside? Seriously. Love that boy - he's one in a million!
PS - Owen has been getting a sprinkling of pepper for "foul" language. Maybe I ought to try the lemon juice since the pepper's not really doing the trick!
Post a Comment