Jason's Birthday
Wake up call...
Breakfast of champions...
End the day on a Sweet note...
After that....
Pack... Blur...Pack... Hazy Blur, Pack...................................Blank,blank....Blur
Finally, moving day.
The scouts showed their merit, and made quick work of unloading the house,
But OOOPS!!! The truck is totally full!!! (Mind you Jason's dad is like the mater packer of the universe, not one space was wasted, floor to ceiling. The sad truth is that we had accumulated WAY more stuff than we realized. So, the scouts loaded the rest back in the house. The next day we managed to find another truck, gathered some amazing friends who went in late for work, and loaded the second truck to near capacity.
At long last, we were done...
Almost, I just had to wait for my friend who was going to clean the house......... After some confusion and miscommunication, she couldn't make it. PANIC set in. All of my cleaning supplies were packed, we had to head out to make out closing in Colorado and then....a miracle. After calling friend to ask her if I could borrow some cleaning supplies, she organized an emergency cleaning crew. Six wonderful ladies from the ward rushed over with buckets, brooms and 409 to help out a desperate woman. Writing it now, my eyes are full of tears. Babies in car seats slept in closets, little children helped wipe down walls, it was such a bitter sweet way to say goodbye to the people who had been like our family.
So finally, we were on our way. Now with 2 trucks and the van, we headed off, putting one kid in each car and rotating throughout the trip.
Pit stop... ( I couldn't resist, sorry Elijah)
Our closing was at 4pm and we rolled into the parking lot at 4:03. We signed the papers and collapsed from exhaustion.
From there it is another hazy blur, but we moved in, said goodbye to Jason, upacked---mostly, and slowly recovered from the past 2 months of stress. Now, I am at last home in Colorado! Here is the lake behind our house. I just marvel at the beauty of this place...this is where I belong.
WHERE A MAN CAN WALK A MILE HIGH!!!!!!!
10 comments:
WHEW! Hopefully you are getting some time to rest now! I need to come help/visit you! Let me know all your info.
I talked to Karla yesterday, who said she talked to you forever at the Memorial Day breakfast. Kindred pregnant ladies :)
Hope to see you soon! I am so happy that you are "home".
What an experience! I am so glad you are back in CO! Does Jason have another month?
I'm glad everything worked out! Colorado looks beautiful. Enjoy it. You deserve it! We miss you!
So glad you made it HOME! What a feeling. I loved the "pit stop" picture. Let's just not put that one in his wedding video! Is that lake really in your backyard? That's great! Natalie
Oh my! I hope our experience is a little less eventful. So glad you're THERE! Let's see some pics of this house!!
Been thinking of you guys. Glad you made it safely! Hope you all are adjusting well to life in CO.
Welcome home, my dear friend. Yep, you belong there. You've waited patiently, and I am glad you made it! Mostly glad that you are "next door" and that Colorado is a short trip away. I'll be seeing you!
Love you, Missa.
That was quite a story. I fear that we won't be able to fit our stuff all in one truck either. Yikes. I guess I will find out in a few weeks. So is Jason having to finish up in MS for a month? Doug is moving us out and has to return to the 31st of July. I am way bummed about that. Your new house looks perfect and how cool to have a lake in your backyard. Congrats on everything!!
That photo is hilarious of E.
I'm glad the ordeal is all over. Moving is so hard. We had to get another truck too. Way too much stuff!
I love the Pic of E. Way too funny!!
I love the back yard. I would never see my kids. They would be all over that Lake.
Jacque says Hi to M.
When things settle down lets get together. Can't wait to see you!
sorry, you've been tagged.... check out my blog for details.
Post a Comment