Thursday, May 8, 2008

Camping with dad


Jason earned some big points with me last weekend, when we took all three munchkins camping, leaving me home for some relaxation. He did everything himself, the packing, the food and getting the kids ready. I was so impressed with his "mom" like organization of the troops. I on the other hand spent the evening cleaning my house, browsing Barnes and Nobles and going to see "Made to Order" all alone!





The kids came home messy and bounding with energy. Dad came home messy and exhausted. Mom was happy, happy and well rested to start cleaning up the gang in time for church. WAY 2 GO DAD!!!!!

7 comments:

Jenny Dahl said...

Yeah J-Ro! Camping and he even took pictures for the blog! Points for sure.

Chelsea said...

Now that is heaven! Three cheers for Jason...I'll have to encourage Spencer to read your blog this week. I doubt he'd get the hint though.

Emily Lewis said...

Jason is BOSS!! I couldn't help laughing, cuz I was thinking..... OOHHH, could Dan do that, take the kids with all the prep work for a night? HA HA HA! (I love him though!)

Props to Jason!

justpace said...

I think that big of a gesture earns points for mankind everywhere! Way to go JRo.

Tasha said...

Way to go, indeed! I was thinking the other day about how I get a sitter a decent amount, but I am not home alone in my home much and I miss it. I am gla dyou enjoyed it!

Shawna B. said...

Kudos, JRO. Good show. And Happy Birthday today!

I WISH I could have joined you for Made to Order. Hard to believe, but Tyler's not dying to see that one.

Glad you had a little much-needed break before the moving madness really gets going! :)

Natalie said...

Melissa- It's Natalie from AZ! I traveled to your site from some of our other Nola friends. Great to see your family---you guys look fabulous. I can't believe how big Jaxen has gotten! Wow! How are you feeling with your pregnancy? Keep in touch girl-
Natalie