Sunday, November 14, 2010

Feeling Weird

(Warning: Self-Searching Post......not for the merely mildly interested in my life)

I guess "weird" is the only word I can think of. I'm not depressed. I'm not unhappy. I'm just feeling.......WEIRD. I think I am lacking in motivation, but I'm not sure what I am supposed to be motivated to do. Things are going well, not perfect, but well. Still, I feel like there is something I am supposed to be doing that I am not doing. My mind is not lacking in ideas, just lacking in the ability to sort through and pick a direction. I feel like my life is opening up for some new horizons, some new skills, something NEW, but I can't choose which way to go. My interests are so varied, yet I stop myself from believing that I can learn some of the skills I want so badly. Photography, cooking, languages, exercise, interior design, running, painting, pottery and baking. I'm realistic to know I have to knock these out one at a time, but where do I start? Should I be looking for a new way to make some money. Should I just depart from what I know and try something totally new? I don't know, so I am doing nothing. It feels yucky, but where to start?

9 comments:

Chelsea said...

This post made me smile, b/c I SOOO know what you are saying. Weird is exactly the right word for it. I think we are just hitting a "weird" stage of life where everything we once knew or planned on or around is not as pressing and we are hitting a different time and season. I say, buy a Nikon camera, Lightroom, and take a class...then we can work on our photography skills together!! Not the first time I wished we lived closer. Love ya!!

Ashley said...

Adderall? I've been tempted to pretend I have ADD to score some of that stuff :) Good luck getting out of the rut...I bet the holidays will help!

Anonymous said...

I think this means you need to come visit us :)

Emily Lewis said...

You aren't alone in those thoughts. I think we all get to that place in life when the kids aren't as needy and we have more time to think about our futures and how our role as moms are changing. I don't have an answer.... but, your not alone (-:

Karina Houser said...

I think feeling "weird" is how I ended up with a job. However, it seems this weirdness can often be cured by planning a tropical vacation. ;)

Jenny Dahl said...

Melissa will you send me your address so the Dahlios can send you a xmas card!

shawna b. said...

Oh, Missa. Let's talk. You just summed up my life. :) I will say this - I don't think I've ever met anyone with more drive and more talent than you. Maybe you just need to let things settle in your mind and then what you are needing/wanting will make itself known.

Tyler gave me your message after I got home from a meeting tonight, but it was too late to call back. Tomorrow it is!

Tasha said...

I feel the same way Melissa!

Christin said...

I know the feeling! I'm so bummed I missed your call. Sorry I haven't gotten back to you. Life has been CRAZY! I'm glad your family is doing so well. You are always doing fun things and the snow is beautiful!I wish you were around to help me with my own deco projects. Happy Thanksgiving!