Sunday, September 19, 2010

Fall, First Day and of course...Football



School has been in for a few weeks and may I say..... I LOVE IT!!! Don't get me wrong....summer was fun. Love these kiddos. But my brain needed a break. The questions, the food requests..... "can I have a friend over", "what are we dong today?" I am not a homeschool kind of gal. I love getting them ready, making their breakfast, their lunch, going over the spelling words, but I also love my 3 hours each day while Autumn naps to be ALONE!!! It will end when she gives up the naps, but why think about that now? I am relishing each afternoon, working at lightening speed, watching TIVO'ed shows while I fold laundry. LOVING IT!!!!

Against my urging, Jaxen has started football. I think it's all a little nuts how young they are starting and how intense it is. He is doing well, but feeling a bit behind as everyone else started in 2nd or 3rd grade. I do love our coach, and I love the time Jason and Jaxen are spending together. Jro is coaching the tight ends (does that make anyone else laugh when you say it?) and the corners. Their team is kind of incredible. They just come in and score like crazy....really I feel bad for the other teams. The other parents tell me there will be some closer games, but it makes me sad to see those guys so sad. Really, I sometimes want to pop their "sometime insane" parents, barraging them from the side lines. Still, our parents do a good job of keeping their cool and having a winning team is helping Jaxen get through their tough practices.



Football really seems to be everywhere I look. We were able to head down to the BYU/ AIR FORCE game. Since it was on Sept. 11th, it really was touching to see the fly over and the half-time tribute to survivors of the attack and the soldiers who had served. The cadets are most impressive as they stand together and come down to the field for some push ups after each touch down. As for the Cougs, it was a bit sad. We did get to high-five Cosmo, but overall, it was a sad ride home.




As for fall, it's 90 degrees, and I am still in shorts. I don't like shorts. I like jeans, and I'm very ready to start layering once again. Colorado usually has short falls and springs. I'm waiting patiently, but I hope the snows stay away. Just give me fall and spring, fall and spring all year round.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ah my dear friend, I knew you would laugh. The entire time I thought of Madeline throwing up!! will you txt me your addy or email it, Katie wrote a letter but I can't seem to locate and address. I love the new blog pic. esp maddies hair!!

Tasha said...

Great pictures! I love your banner!
I can't believe how big the kiddos are!

Jordan said...

Move to NC! Fall and Spring are our longest seasons. Though...you can't be that Colorado snow.