Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Unemployed


Today, I am unemployed. The gym where I have been teaching had to close, due to a fight with the landlord. While I am so sad not to see my ladies and while I really do enjoy it...... I must say my main emotion is relief.

I have been trying to get up the guts to quit, but have been putting it off. I feel the need to slow down....take a breath and focus in on my family. It is no small thing to raise a family, and I do not have the personality to stretch myself as thin as I have been.

Tonight I will not make up a new Balletone routine, or listen to music to choreograph for yogamotion. I will blog, I will read, and I will hope---beyond hope--- that I can stay in shape without the added incentive of being prepared to teach.

Namaste------Shanti-Shanti

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Today I missed you! I hope you find peace in your extra time...maybe wrap a few tortillas in ziplock baggies :)

Natalie said...

oh melissa....i totally understand your feelings. i think you are right though. slowing down is always the answer for me too.

good luck with your new routine of life! i think you'll do great!

Shawna B. said...

Good for you, Missa. This is just what you needed. Namaste, dear friend. I am not worried ONE BIT about you staying in shape. Congrats on a long and fruitful career at "the gym." You did amazing. Good luck in this next phase of your life! Who knows? Maybe you'll decide to teach again someday, but for now, I hope you really like the slowed-down routine and the extra time with your family.

Hey - I am serious about running the Crescent City Classic next spring. You in? You better be in because I'm only going if you are! :)

Chelsea said...

Wow, that is the end of a long road. I still remember us working out at Gold's at 5:30 every night of the week. You will never get out of shape, it is in your blood girl! Maybe you should fly out here and do Hood to coast with me!

Tasha said...

Sounds like a win win! When its right, the right thing will fall into your lap. i just know it!