
Elijah has reached the ripe old age of 5, which, in this house, means you start swim team!!! He started the first day of practice not able to use a kick board and scared to death to swim an entire lap. I knew he had the ability, it was just a mental block. The coaches were great, but being a bit too casual for my taste, so I stepped in (I know bad!) and entered into the psychological warfare. I feel almost guilty how easily I was able to convince him of my way of seeing things and making it seem like it was his idea to do the first race.
Then, thanks to Colorado weather, the day was rainy, miserable and only 50-some degrees. Had my pep talks been enough to overcome the elements?
You bet!!!! He was so cute, so nervous and may I say....... the best part of the whole meet. He made it the whole way, no stops, to panicing and not even hanging on the rope! I don't know why swimming does this to me, but I see these kids as so brave, so powerful and so darn CUTE as they go for it! (Notice the water in his goggles)

Welcome Rozeski #3. You have joined the ranks! Get that boy a hot cocoa!
5 comments:
Way to go, Elijah!
Oh. My. Word. Forget about the awesomeness of his swimming, I just can't take my eyes off him. He is SO freaking gorgeous. How in the world is it that you guys live so far away? I could eat him up. (I think I say this every time I post). ha ha. good job E.
he looks so much like j in that last pic. my word...we have to get together. we're flying to utah ( I know..., no stop in Denver) but we"ll work on another trip. meet us in dc in July...Heather
And, your new header picture is super adorable too.
Way to Go!! I would love to get Mason on a swim team. I am still in the where is everything phase! Miss you guys and love to see your kiddos grow up!
Post a Comment