
I am still trying to emotionally recover from what was the worst 36 hours of my life. Sunday morning, Autumn reached up and tipped over a bottle of pills. They were very small and she swallowed seven of them, before I found her and dug two more out of her mouth.
From there, it was a nightmare. She was very sick, agitated and experiencing what looked like a very terrifying experience. The helplessness I felt was overwhelming, as well as the anger with myself for being off guard. The poor little thing fought for a good 20 hours, and then fitfully tried to recover for another 16. Once she finally was able to sleep a little, she woke up groggy, but with her personality emerging. The second night, she slept all night and woke up ready to roll. Here she is that morning, being silly and funny even though she was totally perturbed by all of the tubing she had attached to her body.

We are home, and trying to act normal, but I'm afraid, emotionally I am still a bit fragile. We saw the hand of God several times to save our little girl and feel humbled and grateful beyond belief.
7 comments:
Oh my word. I saw your post on facebook but had no idea what had happened. Worse than I imagined, I am so sorry! I am so happy she is ok and back to herself, sounds like it might take Mom a little longer.
Oh Meliss! What a horrible scary thing to have happen! That is sooo terrifying. Give her a squeeze for me, and I will include you guys in my prayers! Love you guys!
I'm sorry you guys went through such a scary thing! Hugs to you all!
Oh. My. Gosh. Melissa, I'm so sorry this happened. What a horrific experience. I don't blame you for being fragile right now. I would bet this takes a while to get through.
What would we do without our Heavenly Father?
What a blessing you still have her. You guys are in my prayers.
Melissa, I am SO sorry to hear about what happened. But am realieved to hear she is doing good.
Hey melissa, it was great talking to you. I hope you have fun on your vacation and that Auty's laugh allows you to smile all the brighter :). Missing you, Heather
Evie got into an adult bottle of benadryl about 2. Ask Jason how easy it is to get a 2 year old to drink that charcol stuff... We spent a long day in the ED...I felt like a horrible mom, but everyone has their story of this/
Hey. I don't have your latest email,will you email me again?
Post a Comment