
No makeup, after a workout.....a very common state for me.
Not a huge milestone, but certainly inching higher into my mid-thirties. It's a normal day today. Kids to school, taught some yogamotion, had a protein shake for lunch (because the water is turned off for construction). Just a calm birthday with time to think about where I am in life. Ten years ago, I was super pregnant, ready to become a mom for the first time. Oh, how my life has changed since then! I like who and where I am as a person better now, but there are certainly things I had more or less of in my twenties that I did not appreciate.
Here's my assessment of the changes.
I have:
More self-confidence
Less free-time
More ambition and desire to learn
Less time in which to pursue the above
More self-control
Less control over my surroundings
More humility
Less control over how I am perceived in public (kids are not good at "faking it" to save face)
More faith and a deeper understanding of what a gift the gospel is
Less tolerance for those around me who mock that which I call sacred
More friends
Less casual acquaintances
More appreciation for silence
Less annoyance at chaos
More people for whom I am responsible
Less ability to keep my brain on track and focused
More below
Less on top
More wrinkles
Less acne (though I still have some ----totally WRONG)
More age spots
Less worry about my stick- out ears
More people that I admire
Less people that I can't stand
More knowledge
More peace
More joy
More hugs
More family
More to loose
More to love
and more to look forward to
So I sit here, un-showered, full of my protein shake, fine to be 33 (more or less :)
7 comments:
happy birthday Melissa!!! It sure sounds good to be you!
Happy Birthday Meliss! You look awesome without makeup in your workout clothes and i love kirkland shakes too...usually for breakfast though. Great post! Hope you had an awesome day today! Love ya!!
Happy 33, Birthday Twin!!
Happy Birthday!!
This is my new favorite Melissa post! SO well written and so fun to read. I chuckled when I read the "less on top, more below" part. That, my friend, is ME you are talking about ... not you. Hope your day was wonderful!
I loved this post! I want to be you when I'm 33...more or less.
I love this post Melissa! Very well written! I feel as though I could say ditto!
Happiest birthday to you!
Post a Comment