Friday, November 13, 2009

Goodnight Home

Goodnight home

Goodnight broken lu of which I bemoaned

Goodnight stairs,


Goodnight flares

Goodnight little shower, oh, I cleaned you for hours

Goodnight floors,

Goodnight Doors


Goodnight Nobody, Goodnight Chores

Goodnight living room, Goodnight Fire

And Goodnight to the mean neighbor who tried to scare off the buyer

Goodnight stove

Goodnight ugly curtain

Goodnight stresses, that is for certain
Goodnight Nile Court, you are sold, all papers now signed
I am free from your weight, no longer intwined.

(After 8 months of cleaning, moving and worry, my mom's house is sold and we are free to move on to brighter days! Give me an audible WU-WHO!!!!!)

5 comments:

Sullivan Family said...

it is always a good feeling!! Congrats to your mom

Chelsea said...

That is a huge weight off the shoulders. And your writing is so completely adorable. I love reading your blog posts!

Shawna B. said...

WOOOO HOOOO!!!!! Thrilled for ALL of you! Nice little poem, too, Miss Lissa.

Good night Nile Court.

Christin said...

I am so happy! I'm glad that is one less huge thing you have to worry about. And I must say you are a very talented writer!

Sean and Kristina Kelly said...

Ahhh, Connor loves Goodnight Moon! That's definitely a favorite here. Now you'll have to do another clever post linked with the "The Big Red Barn." :)