Jro gets free Rockies tickets from his work, (I think this is his favorite perk) so we have been hittin' those games like crazy. Most fun, was the Rockies vs. the Cardinals. We were so confused who to root for, but it was exciting to watch the Cards secure their spot in the playoffs.

A side note, I noticed we were sitting next to our local sports reporter, Drew Soicher.

Jason just couldn't play it cool. He had to strike up a conversation with the very clever line "So, is this a day off for you?" They then proceeded to have some small talk including Drew (you know, now we are on a first name basis) telling Jason that he look like former Bronco Quarterback, Brian Griese. ??????

I dunno, usually people say he looks like a different kind of warrior

What do you think?.....I digress. As usual, our saturday mornings are filled with soccer.

Madeline was goalie for the first time. I think she cared more about the gloves than protecting the goal, but no matter what, she is always entertaining to watch.
Jaxen has even gone to a few Broncos games. Papa Bunzy has come through with some tickets and Jason just can't resist. Papa Ed got in on the action and took him yesterday for the Alumni celebration. Papa Bunzy even found him in the crowd and gave him a wave from the field, I think it was pretty cool for this nine year old guy!


Last but not least, Autumn is also sportin' herself a new do. I have been waiting and waiting. At last, a sprout has sprung!

.jpg)
As I sit here Jason is off playing baseball with his dad, and before he left, was talking about how close it is to ski season. AHHHH!!!!! I must cling to the one thing keeps me sane. At least he is not a big sports center, obsessed, couch fan. As long as he is still active and as long as the lawn is mowed and he helps with the kids.... I guess I can't complain too much! Gotta go, the troops are calling for some chow!!!
Go Cards..... I mean Rockies! Or is it Broncos, no Bumble Bees.....whatever.......Go TEAM!!!!
6 comments:
Oh my word, he TOTALLY looks like him, that's awesome!
That sounds like so much fun for your family! And what would you do with out sports ;-)
That's hilarious that you met Drew! He's our favorite. Thank Jason (and you) for those tickets. They are great seats! We sat next to another doctor and he thought Dave was Jason. We were pretty bundled up, so that could be an excuse. :)
Sorry we haven't made it to any of the soccer games, maybe spring :)
Sports make life interesting and I loved your post. Autumn has a pony!!! wha-hoo. That is so fun.
oh I say the second for sure!!! Loving Madeline's pics. Can't wait to visit again. Andy was in Denver for an entire day at the airport but was too scared to call !!! And he'll get mad I outed him :). Missing you, Heather
All this sports stuff sounds VERY familiar! I'm living it here, too. But I have to admit, it's a lot of fun to watch. I've taken hundreds and hundreds of pictures so far this season and have had butterflies in my stomach and have lost my voice cheering them on. I guess I'm as in to it as my boys are!
JRO is more a Stallone look alike, hands down. But cool that he got to meet a local celeb! I can only imagine how smooth he was when he struck up that conversation! :) JRo's the best!
Miss you all!
Post a Comment