
A few weeks before we left for medical school, we found out that my grandpa had left the Bronco to Jason in his will. We had no idea that he had taken all of Jason's admiring comments to heart over the years. It was old, but a hearty good car that Jason has spent hours upon hours fixing and repairing over the past 9 1/2 years.
.jpg)
Alas, we have been rough on this '93 Ford and it was on it's last leg. The gas gauge, back window, passenger window and a myriad of other gadgets haven't worked for years. Recently the back window randomly started working again, so Jason put his bike in the back. It, just as randomly, stopped working a few days later. Jason thought that he would help the window down and shattered it. Since then, Denver has had the wettest spring in years. The time had come, it was time to trade it in.
We took last pictures....
.jpg)
.jpg)
We emptied out the water from the last storm....
.jpg)
We spent a LONG day with "ICE", and made a deal. (We got a whopping $500.00 for it)
.jpg)
(yes, I embarrassed Jason with this picture, but this guy cracked me up. He had a thick southern twang, he used ride the rodeo circuit and he kept a huge dip in his lip the entire time) He thought Jason was crazy for 1: selling the Bronco and not keeping it for beatin' up and 2: for being sad about leaving it behind
.jpg)
.jpg)
The ride home was so fun. We looked hard to find a truck that could fit our 6 and still meet all of Jason's points of interest. We cranked up the country music and enjoy a much smoother/QUIETER ride. (Jason even let me have a turn)
6 comments:
So where is a picture of the new truck?
Oh no, I wish I would have known...do you even want me to tell you about the Cash for Clunker bill? I think you'd rather not know. I think you can get like $4500 on a trade-in if your old car got less than 18 mpg.
Oh, I remember when you got the Bronco. I do want to see pictures of the truck (though your kids are darling in the photo, as are you...)
Your kids are beautiful and I laughed out loud at your Jaxen post previously. I am rejoining the blogging world after a ridiculously long hiatus, so fun to catch up on all your excitement. My poor brother, by the way is in his first year of residency and in the ICU rotation where he works 30+ hours straight, doesn't eat, or sleep and is in a state of walking zombie. Always think of you guys when he's telling his stories! Love ya!
You never put a picture of the new one :) I love the water picture
I grew up with a Bronco, so I did love yours, but CONGRATS! The smile on your face is priceless! Miss you Melissa! Come to Utah and visit all of us!
Oh, the Bronco! Why do I suddenly feel sad? It ain't just the pregnancy! How many times did I see that green machine parked outside the London Towne? How many rides did I take in it? How many times did we squeeze our kids in it? How many times did we dig it out of the sand at the beach (o.k., only once, but still). Good-bye, green Bronco. Rest in peace.
Hello NEW TRUCK!!!
Post a Comment