Friday, June 26, 2009

This Boy!!!



This boy is absolutely cracking us up on a daily basis. With his speech issues (issues that I happen to love by the way), his big brown eyes and his quirky mind, this boy brings such an important piece to the family. Here are a few of his best as of late.




Mr. Innocent
Elijah had his teeth cleaned the other week and Jason happened to have the same hygienist the next day. She said that she had said to him.

"Elijah, did you know that your name is in the bible?"

His response "Yeah.........., it wasn't me"

Mr spirituality

The missionaries were over for dinner and were attempting to teach us a nice lesson on the importance of prayer. Trying to engage the wondering mind of this four year old, one asked.

"Elijah, do you know why we pray?"

With no hesitation..."oh yeah,.....So I can eat!"

Mr. Charm


While at the pool, he was bothering some friends who were trying to have a swim lesson. Of course, their teacher was 15 years old, very sweet and very pretty . (Elijah is always where the pretty girls are) I finally got his attention from staring right into the poor girls eyes and called him over.

"Elijah, we have to wait until after their lesson, or their teacher will get frustrated."

again no hesitation "No, mom.... I'll just go over there and look at her like this (big cheesey grin) and she will think that I am just too cute."

Finally Mr. Figuring it out

The room was silent, he somberly walked up to me with his brows nitted. "So mom, are you and married yet, or what?

"Yes, we were married before any of you guys were born."

"Oh, good!" and he walked away.

I love this innocent time. Still so honest. This boy melts me. I love that he is still a "Child of Dod", that his favorite cereal is "Cho-co Pops" and that he measures the world by "awesome", "super awesome" and "not awesome". I really don't want him to grow up. This stage is just fine by me!

2 comments:

Sullivan Family said...

what a riot!! All thoes responces remind me of Josh!! I don't blame you for not wanting him to grow up.

Unknown said...

So adorable. He melts me with those eyes too.