
This year, Madeline's dance studio had strict rules about parents staying away and not watching class. For nine months, we just dropped her off and picked her up, never knowing what she was learning. At last, it was time to see what she had been working on.
As it was time for her first number, I was feeling very nervous. She had been very secretive and unwilling to show me her dances. Would she smile? Would she remember the dance? Most importantly, would she feel good about herself in the end?


.jpg)
.jpg)
I was so proud. She seemed so composed, so much older and prepared than last year. She did smile, she did remember her dances and she was just beaming after the show. It may have seemed a small thing, but I felt differently about Madeline after this night. I saw a young lady emerging.
It was a late night for this starlet. It wasn't easy getting those feathers and tassels off this exhausted girl, but she certainly deserved her rest!
2 comments:
Would she be willing to do a special performance for me? I think it's cool that it was a surprise for you :)
Melissa, she is such a beautiful girl. I bet it was such a thrill to see her dancing - definitely a night to remember.
Post a Comment