.jpg)
This memorial day will always live as one of the most memorable for me.
Here's my running crew.
.jpg)
Here's my pitiful attempt at a self group shot.
.jpg)
We ran this 10K through one of the most INTERESTING towns in America. Along the course were the Blue's Brothers, Barely-dressed Belly dancers, even people handing out free Bacon of all things. Running the race with us were over 50,000 people, including two that hula hooped and a team of 6 that did lead frog for the entire course. Gorilla costumes, a "Where's Waldo" team and a house with a giant slip'n slide were some highlights.
Afterward, we all met in the stadium for the memorial program and to cheer on the elite runners. The men smoked the course setting a record of 27 minutes due to the perfect weather.
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
Speaking of weather. Notice the ominous clouds in the background. Just as it ended, the big drops started falling. Since we had a long walk back to the cars, we just resigned ourselves to our fate and enjoyed a family walk through town.
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
It took us about 45 minutes. Still, we were all in good spirits. It will always live on as one of my favorite family memories. Thanks to the grandparents who made this day possible!
.jpg)
4 comments:
so proud of you! I love races. You have always been so good at running. Maybe one day we'll end up in a race together!
Great Job! I have always thought about trying that race. I don't mind the race part, but the crowd of getting to and from the race is some what overwhelming. I heard that there were over 54,ooo people.
Excellent run! This sounds like a fun one. May I join you next year? Or maybe the next ... anyway, you did great and I'm glad you got to do this with your running crew. Where will you be running next?!
Wow, I wish I could do that! When your mom took us to Boulder last summer, it rained on us, too.
Post a Comment