Sunday, April 5, 2009

Blizzard



It takes a lot to cancel school here in Colorado, but to my kids great happiness, their spring break started two days early due to our Spring Storm. To my delight, Jason was off of work and in my opinion, we had one our best two days in a long time. No where to go, no responsibilities, just food, family and....well, food. AHHHHH, so rejuvinating!

















And of course, a little sledding







4 comments:

maugers said...

What exactly did Jason make? We had a blast sledding, and I'm sad we missed your snow cave. Thanks for having us over this weekend!

Shawna B. said...

What?! School cancelled? Gone are the days for us. In VA it was cancelled all the time, but here, the snow would have to completely cover our houses for them to call it off, and even then I'm not sure! Glad you had a fun time. I love snow days ... just not as much in April ... ready for spring here, but still getting a few flurries.

Auty is a great nickname! As you know, I am a huge fan of nicknames, and I am glad to see that Autumn is getting her share. She's beautiful, Melissa. Happy late birthdays to the rest of your crew. Why do our kids have to keep getting bigger? Can we bottle them and keep them small?

Love and miss you guys!

Chelsea said...

That is crazy for school to get cancelled in CO and I am SOOO happy Jason was home. Christmas came early for us and wow, it was fun for the first two hours and then I was quite done! Great pics.

Natalie said...

Brrr...I am not a snow gal, but it sure looks like fun for everyone. My entire fam loves the snow. I've tried so hard to convince myself to like it...but it just hasn't happened yet.

A whole 2 days of family time....paradise. Those days don't come often enough. I'm glad you guys soaked up the fun together!

Miss you guys-