As most of you know, the first few weeks after a baby are not the most glamorous. At least for me, my body, my house and my family in general are not at our best. I have a dear friend who has had five children of her own and to my surprise and delight, she took 2 days to come and help me. She knows me and my kids so well, that she just stepped up and help in the simplest, yet most amazing ways. She let me sleep in, while she got my kids ready for school. Breakfast included!!! Next, while I was in the shower, she got down on her hands and knees and cleaned my terrible kitchen floors!!!


It meant the world to me and was a key factor in me feeling human again. I am determined to find a way to serve her someday as much as she did me. I love and miss you Miss Christin!
7 comments:
Melissa, I love the new pics of the kids on your blog! They look like they are having a blast with their new baby sister! Autumn is beautiful and fits right in.
Wow, what a nice thing for her to do! She is great isn't she! Your family so good looking! You done good!!
I love all your new pics. And how wonderful of Christin to visit. She is great. I miss her too!!
That is a true friend! What a wonderful thing to do for a new mom. A good sleep and a clean floor can make you feel like you can tackle all the rest of it!
She is a gem for sure! Christin to the rescue! Although I know her only very little, she just exudes goodness. SO glad she was able to come lend a much needed hand!
I miss Christin too.....St. Lou is too far out of the loop. HEather
I love and miss that girl, too. I love seeing pictures of your baby--post more! :)
Post a Comment