Sunday, March 2, 2008

Spring is in the Air & a Tooth Beyond Repair



AHHH, just what we all needed.  Two days of spring time weather has the whole city in smiles.  Every park is full, joggers are out and some BBQ smells have been detected.  It's supposed to snow tomorrow, so we are soaking it up while we can.

You know I couldn't resist a run.  It has been months since I had taken my trusty four mile route and I was in HEAVEN!!!  65 degress, the perfect breeze and my new running shoes from  Christmas getting their first taste of asphalt.  Sorry treadmill, your days are numbered!!
Also this week, Jaxen had to have a tooth pulled.  He had a cavity in a baby tooth, so the dentist thought it would be less painful to just take'er out.  He was so brave and was only down for an hour or so afterwards.  Kids are so resilant.  The tooth was so big, as it had the roots intact, that the tooth fairy gave him a whopping five dollars!!!  
PS. On the stress eating, I am taking a new approach.  Rather than eat a whole bunch of random crap, I am focusing on a few super yummy stress releasers.  Mint Milanos, Cadbury Mini eggs and this chocolate Biscotti worked wonders!!!

4 comments:

Shawna B. said...

Spring is in the air here, too! 70 degrees today. I also enjoyed a nice little run (got a 5 mile race this weekend- join me?). I love this time of year when spring is just about to arrive. I must admit, though, i always get excited about a snowstorm!

Sorry about Jaxen's tooth. He and Owen are in good company since Owen also lost a tooth this past week. Actually, I should say, Owen lost TEETH. He fell down on some playground equipment (HARD!) and lost three teeth! An absolute nightmare. I was a wreck, but the little guy handled it all pretty well. He's been to the ER and the dentist and has quite the "new look" to show for his playground escapades.

Sorry for the rambling. :) Here's hoping for better teeth days for all of us!

maugers said...

Ahhh, spring is wonderful!!! WE had a 80 degree saturday, and then sunday it was blizzard and the high was 25. But Church was cancelled, so it was really weird. I'm glad Jaxen handled a tooth pull, I've never had a tooth pulled except wisdom teeth, and I was much, much older than JAx. Can't wait to see you in a couple weeks!!!

Tasha said...

Jaxen is a trooper! Evie wouldn't let the hygenist clean her teeth, the dentist had to come over and sweet talk her some way to let him do it.

I can't wait to be able to resume running outside again!

Precept said...

Melissa, what happened to your email? I can't get through. HEather Brimhall