Monday, February 18, 2008

Jaxen's Baptism



We had been in such a whirl wind that I hardly had time to realize what a monumental moment this would be.  With our family all gathered in, it was a true family affair.  Jason baptized him, the grandma's gave the prayers and Papa Ed confirmed him.  As an added bonus Aunt Kendra was the pianist and Uncle Dave sang a solo.   It all just made me feel so grateful for how much support this kids has, and that Jason and I have some amazing people in our corner as we try to raise our family.
The feelings I had that day are so vast and so precious.  From seeing Jason and Jack in their baptismal whites, to watching him return for his confirmation in his spank'n new suit and messy damp hair.  I just kept realizing how much I love this boy and how much I want him to find happiness through the gospel.  I was so proud, so glad that he had a testimony and relieved that he would have the blessings that come from baptism and the gift of the Holy Ghost.  I was just HAPPY!!!  Happy, happy mom.

2 comments:

Emily Lewis said...

You have every right to be a HAPPY, HAPPY mom! That is so great that the family could be there to support him!

What a great choice he made, the first of many!

CONGRATULATIONS!

Shawna B. said...

Beautiful, Melissa. Such a happy day - one you will never forget, and neither will Jaxen. Love you all.